Larry A. Strauss is a Senior Associate whose practice focuses on complex commercial and civil litigation, including business disputes, employment law, wrongful death and injury cases. He also assists with the firm’s tobacco litigation matters. Strauss is a Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent-rated and Avvo Superb-rated attorney with more than 15 years of litigation practice in Florida.
His diverse experience includes service as Chief Operating Officer for a West Palm Beach law firm and litigation counsel at a bankruptcy law firm. He’s also served as in-house litigation counsel for a West Palm Beach-based corporation, overseeing its employment law, consumer, civil and commercial legal matters arising at 93 automotive dealerships in eight states. In Pennsylvania, Strauss worked for the Governor’s Office of General Counsel, and as a judicial intern for a Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice.
Prior to the start of his legal career, Strauss worked as a journalist for nearly a decade, including service as a staff writer for USA Today, assistant business editor, lifestyles editor, columnist and staff writer at The News-Press and Gannet News Service, and graphics designer at The Miami Herald.
• Florida • U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of Florida
• U.S. District Courts for the Middle District of Florida
• U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Florida
• U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
• U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
• U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit and U.S. Supreme Court
• State and federal courts in Maryland, New York, South Carolina, Texas, and Washington, D.C., in conjunction with local counsel on a pro hac vice basis.
• Martin County Bar Association
• Palm Beach County Bar Association; serves on the Board of Directors of the North County Section.
• J.D., Penn State Dickinson School of Law
• B.S., Journalism, University of Florida